- Node.js is an open source, cross-platform runtime environment for server-side and networking applications.
- The Node.js foundation hosts and supports its work as it is a 'Collaborative Project' at Linux Foundation.
- An application's through put and scalability is optimized as Node.js provides an event-driven architecture and a non-blocking I/O API.
- Real-time web applications, mostly use these technologies.
- Node.js consists of a built-in library that allows applications that act as a Web server without the use of any software.
- It is one of the best platforms that is working as a server-side platform by many known companies, nowadays.
- Enterprise Application Development
- Scalable network applications
- The Internet of Things
- Payment Processing
- Social Media
- Realtime Services
- Enterprise Web Service
- Network applications