Online grocery store is a web & mobile solution that helps customers to purchase groceries and other household items over the internet. The convenience it offers customers to buy items from anywhere and at any time has increased its popularity over the last few years. This way customers can shop online and get the items delivered at their doorstep saves them a lot of effort and time.
Spark, Hive, Flume, OOZIE
Online Delivery Service
Web & Mobile
- The client wanted us to provide product recommendations based on product search.
- However, it was not easy as they had large data sets which made searches slow and difficult leading to issues with offering recommendations.
- Different analytical functions were required to distribute storage and processing of large data sets.
- We had to develop a solution that can process unstructured and real-time data feeds.
- We designed and developed web-based application to interface with user.
- It Integrates data from different data source using SQOOP.
- Collect real-time data feeds using Flume and Spark Streaming.
- Store the unstructured data in HDFS and proceed further.
- Use OOZIE to schedule different Shell and Hadoop ecosystem jobs.
- Make use of SPARK-SQL to perform analyzing operation.
Online grocery stores typically offer a wide range of products, including fresh produce, meat and poultry, dairy products, baked goods, canned and packaged foods, household supplies, personal care products, and more. Customers can browse products by category or search for specific items using keywords. They can add items to their virtual shopping cart, adjust quantities, and then proceed to checkout.
Delivery options also vary by store, but many offer same-day or next-day delivery in select areas, as well as scheduled delivery options for customers who prefer to plan their shopping ahead of time. Some stores also offer pickup options, where customers can place an order online and then pick it up at a designated time and location.